HOW TO PREVENT MOLD?
Mold growth can pose serious health risks and structural damages if not addressed immediately or remain unchecked. It occurs when there is excess moisture, causing the spaces to dampen over time. While it is technically impossible to remove all the mold and mold spores inside your property since their presence is ubiquitous, preventing mold growth can be done through a number of ways. The key tip here is reducing moisture in your home to prevent mold growth from occurring. Here are a few things to do for mold growth prevention:
- Do not leave any wet material for too long. Towels, floor mats, and rags need to be dried up quickly because these can cause mold growth when left lying around and still wet.
- Molds can grow within two days in any damp area or porous surfaces. As such, it is highly recommended to clean, disinfect, and dry up any wet or damp area within 24 to 48 hours. Ensure that no moisture remains to avoid any mold growth.
- Use an exhaust fan during and after showers to minimize the level of moisture inside your bathroom.
- If there are water leaks in your roof, kitchen sink, or any other areas, better have your pipes checked for potential repair or replacement. Leaky pipes are places where molds can grow immediately.
- Ensure that your property is well-ventilated. This is especially important for spaces which are confined and narrow. These areas include crawl spaces and basement. Proper ventilation help circulate fresh air to prevent mold growth.
- Make sure that your heating and air conditioning system is working properly. If you notice any drips or inconsistency in the airflow, better have the system checked already by a professional.
The abovementioned tips are best for controlling or preventing mold growth. As such, when there is noticeable mold growth already in your home or commercial building, it is highly advisable to contact a trusted mold inspection and mold remediation services provider to ensure that the mold growth is contained quickly and safely. For many property owners in Toronto, Vaughan, Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, Etobicoke, and North York, among the most well-known mold removal and mold remediation contractor is GTA Mold Inspections. Our professional mold remediation service involves thorough cleaning, disinfection, drying, and replacement (if applicable) of all the infected areas with mold growth. No speck of dirt, dust, and moisture will be left behind with our mold removal services. Our quality workmanship has been tried and tested by many property owners in and around Toronto, Vaughan, Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, Etobicoke, and North York.
Mold growth can happen anytime and almost anywhere – including those hard to reach areas for cleaning. Ensure that your home or any property is free from any mold growth through regular cleaning and proper ventilation for better indoor air quality. Further, if you are located in Toronto, Vaughan, Mississauga, Oakville, Burlington, Etobicoke, and North York, let the experts of GTA Mold Inspections be your partner for a 100% mold-free property. Visit our website or give us a call to know more.